The latest draft requirements include the following:
- For new construction, at least 90% (by weight) of the non-hazardous construction and demolition waste generated on the construction site is prepared for re-use or recycling (per Level(s) indicator 2.2). Renovations require at least 70%.
- For new construction and renovation, the life-cycle Global Warming Potential (GWP) of the building resulting from the construction has been calculated for each stage in the life cycle and is disclosed to investors and clients on demand.
- For new construction and renovation, construction designs and techniques support circularity via the incorporation of concepts for design for adaptability and deconstruction (per Level(s) indicators 2.3 and 2.4)
- For new construction and renovation, the use of primary raw material in the construction of the building is minimised through the use of secondary raw materials (per Level(s) indicator 2.1).
- For renovations, at least 50% of the building’s gross floor area is retained.